Friday, July 24, 2009

Congratulations

Congratulations go out to Mark Buehrle on throwing the 18th perfect game in Major League Baseball history. A special tip of the cap goes to DeWayne Wise for his phenomenal catch robbing Gabe Kapler of a home run in the 9th to preserve it. You can watch the catch here.

One of the things that makes baseball great is the simple fact that at any game you have the opportunity to see something you have never seen before. That might also be said of the other sports but with baseball it's actually true. I've seem a lot of games and have seen perfect games go into the sxith and seventh innings respectively, but they have been lost. I have never seen a no-hitter. The best was a two hitter thrown by Curt Schilling when he was with Arizona. It happens to be the best game I've ever seen (Kevin Brown threw a 4 hitter) and it was also the game where I proposed to Linda. I've seen two grand slams in the same inning, but never seen them hit by the same person (only been done once). I've seen an unassisted double play, but never an unassisted triple play (only done 15 times). I've never seen someone hit for the cycle. I've never seen someone hit homeruns from both sides of the plate. The list could go on and on, which is why every game is exciting because you never know what's going to happen or what you might see and one of the reasons why baseball is the greatest sport being played.

No comments:

Post a Comment