Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Has it been that long?

I can't believe that my last post was on October 1, but life has been pretty crazy. But what's even harder to believe is that yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the end of the Berlin wall. It really shouldn't surprise me since my 20th high school reunion is in February, but I just hadn't connected the two. I can still remember were I was and what I was doing at the time, and I didn't believe it when I heard it. It also happened that we had an exchange student that year from Berlin and she couldn't believe that she wasn't there for the most significant event in the past two generations of Germans. In college I had a friend who was the opposite; she was an exchange student in Berlin and went down and partied at the wall even taking a piece off with a sledge hammer. I wonder if she still has it?

No comments:

Post a Comment