Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Good Samaritans

This morning while taking my daughter into preschool I got a flat tire, and so I pulled over to the side of the road to fix it. Because we live in a very rural area, we were on the outskirts of the next town but still about 5-10 minutes from anywhere. I was there probably about twenty minutes as I changed the tire, and in that time two people stopped to offer me assistance.

I have to say that I was honestly surprised by that, and maybe that says more about me than the current state of society, but I was also very happy about that. Maybe they did it because we were in the middle of nowhere, maybe they did it because it's a minivan, maybe they did it because they thought it was the right thing to do, or maybe they did it because of all those reasons and more.

I was grateful that they stopped, although I did tell them I was okay, and I have begun thinking about my own efforts of helping others who are in need which I think is lacking. So thanks to all those who reach out to assist people in need for no other reason then they know it is the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment