Saturday, January 30, 2021

iTunes is the worst platform...

Winston Churchill said that democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the rest. I feel the same way about iTunes, although this might be more about Ipod at the moment. I got a new iPod touch for Christmas to replace a very old iPod nano. The biggest thing it has going for it is that fact that I now have 128 gigs of storage versus my old 16.

But, one of the biggest drawbacks is that within the genres you cannot sort by artist. You can sort by date it was installed, and by the name of the album, but not by artist. Because why would you ever want to sort by the artist? On the nano this was the default, and as far as I can tell you can't sort any other way.

Now, because it was available before, that means that some engineer decided that you didn't ever need to sort by artist, and someone higher up in Apple approved it. Seriously? Do none of their engineers ever use an iPod? Because I would clearly think that this would come up as a potential problem. And, yes, you can search by alphabetized artist in the main menu, but I have hundreds of different artists downloaded and I want to know who I have in particular genres especially in books.

I have never been a huge fan of Itunes, as there are lots of problems that I would think could be easily corrected, but unfortunately they are still better than all the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment