Friday, August 7, 2009

it was fate

The Yankees had two things going for them last night (not counting the fact that the Red Sox couldn't drive in the twelve men they had on base from walks).

The first was that I was wearing my Joba shirt. They win the majority of the time I wear it, it's my only lucky Yankees shirt.

The second was that when we ordered last night from Sudbury Pizza our number was 19. For those who don't know who wore number 19 for the Yankees, which I'm assuming is all of you, it was Aaron Boone, hero of the 2003 ALCS. I took that as a sign we were going to win.

Now you might ask "are you superstitious?" And the answer, when it comes to baseball, is most definately yes. I guess when you balance it out with the rest of my life I'm sortastitious. (that's an old Smothers Brothers joke)

One down, three to go

No comments:

Post a Comment