Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Ads

There were some good ads yesterday, and some not so good. A lot of the talk going into the game was on the Focus on the Family ads and what they would contain. I personally have to say that I do not like Focus on the Family or their founder Dr. James Dobson, so maybe that skews my views but I don't think so. I don't think their ads were going to sway anyone one way or the other, but what I don't understand is what took place.

Why were we shown Tebow tackling his mother, and not only tackling her but blindsiding her? Why was violence needed? Was this supposed to be funny? I understand that it took place during the Super Bowl, but it didn't add anything to the commercial. In fact it seemed to have no purpose at all, other than to say that "violence" against fetuses is wrong but violence against women is okay. It didn't make any sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment