Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What You Can Learn About Yourself

I love bookstores. I can go to most stores, even hardware stores, wander around and never spend a dime. However, when I go to a bookstore and leave empty handed it's a true accomplishment of keeping my urges under control.

One of the things I love about Amazon is that it recommends books based on what I'm looking at (are you hearing this library), and not having the book in hand I can better control what I spend. But, you can learn a lot about your life, interests and past buying patterns through the recommendations.

Here is the first line of recommendations for me today:

The Celtic Way of Evangelism
Texts for Preaching
Constitution and Canons
Protestant Reformation
and....

wait for it....

Dozen Jumbo Dinosaurs, up to six inches long.

Amazon knows me so well!

(While I love Amazon, I do encourgae you to buy from a local independent book seller when you can.)

No comments:

Post a Comment