Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Liturgies

There has been some discussion taking place for a while now about the need for the church to create new liturgies and rituals to mark new milestones in people's lives. In the recent past I have had the need to find liturgies for things like the dedication of a church library or the beginning of a sabbatical, but without any luck. I know there are people who are gifted at writing liturgies and prayers, but unfortunately that is not one of my graces.

Recently I have been searching for other liturgies that might be added to our services, like the blessing of new drivers, or the sending off of those going away to college. But, I have not been able to find any Christian sites or books that contain these things. I found a fantastic Jewish website (ritualwell.org), and many of their rituals can be adapted, but there has to be a good mainline Christian site out there doesn't there? Does anyone know of a good site that contains liturgies for special occasions, or perhaps multiple sites that contain a few? If not, maybe we need to create one.

No comments:

Post a Comment