- The last US veteran of WWI died this week.
- According to Moody's, which is not exactly a liberal group, Republican cuts to the budget would result in the loss of 700,000 jobs. I will write more about this later.
- A bill has been introduced in the Texas legislature to make hiring an undocumented worker punishable by an automatic two years in prison and $10,000 fine, unless you hire them to do work at your home. When asked about this unusual loophole, the bill's sponsor said that without it, "a large segment of the Texas population" would end up in prison. So it's okay if they are cleaning your house or cutting your lawn, but not picking your fruits and vegetables or cleaning your office or hotel room.
- A new book coming out by Pope Benedict says that Jews should be completely exonerated for killing Jesus. While I'm glad he is making this statement, the fact that he has to shows how far we still need to go.
- An interesting study that shows that 15-24 year olds are holding off from engaging in sexual activity less than past generations.
- Need a reminder that the rivalry between the Yankees and Red Sox is just a game? The daughter of the first base coach for the Red Sox lost her leg in an accident, and the Yankees players stepped up with "significant" financial assistance to help the family with expenses.
Friday, March 4, 2011
Posted by John Nash at 1:52:00 PM