Thursday, July 5, 2012

On Vacation

The past few months have been extremely brutal for me, and I am a little burned out and so today represents the first day of my vacation.  I know it will not be long enough, but it's a start.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary tomorrow, and for only the second time in our marriage since we had children we will be going away without our children, and the first time it was for only one night.

I am hoping to spend a lot of time reading, and will be taking a lot more books than I can ever begin to read, and I'm going to try and not read anything related to the church, although that will be hard.  I hope to spend some time looking at art galleries and museums, which is very hard to do with small children.  I hope to spend some time just relaxing and trying to refresh and renew myself.  And most importantly I hope to spend some quality time with my wife without our children around.

So I will join you all again in the blogosphere next week after I return, hopefully with recharged batteries and ready to do God's work in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment