Thursday, December 23, 2010

Speed Linking

  • Here are the top Christmas songs selling online. I mention selling online because Bing Crosby's White Christmas is not number one, although it is in the top ten.
  • Maybe you're like me and have been thinking about how wonderful your life would be if you had an Ipad (I could even preach from it), but here are ten reasons not to get one.
  • Charity Fail: Gap was selling bags to help feed people in the US. They claimed the bags were made in the US, but only some of them. The rest were maid in China.
  • Someone damaged books on gay and lesbian issues in the Harvard Library by pouring urine on them.
  • I am old enough not only to remember the debut of MTV, but to remember when they actually played music. They now are officially past the music scene and have removed "music television" from their logo, and as a result their ratings have actually increased.
  • Since I spent some of my professional career before the ministry as a manager in the resort industry, I thought this story of some of the "weirdest hotels" was interesting.
  • Sometimes getting to a bowl game is not what it's cracked up to be. UConn may end of losing money for their BCS game appearance. The fact that they should not be in a BCS game at all is another discussion.
  • As part of the Advent Conspiracy, I have been talking a lot about the cost of Christmas, but sometimes we forget the hidden costs of some presents.
  • Tired of Christmas items appearing in October? Well how about Easter candy appearing in December?
  • Turns out, a lot of the things we think about Poinsettias, including that they are poisonous, are not true.
  • Drop-side cribs have been outlawed.
  • And finally, here are the five worst ways to propose. I violated rule number one, since my proposal was done at a baseball game.

Now that Christmas is over, I hope that I will finally have time to start posting regularly again. I hope you all had a blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment